Monday, June 10, 2013

Let me think about that

I've maintained a blog, now with a couple of hundred post, focused on running for a handful of years, and although I will continue exploring nuances regarding running, I feel compelled to address issues of wider concern.

Last week I was running with a local group of trail runners and as we ascended a foothills trail we came to a point where we could see ahead in the distance what appeared to be yellow flowers planted in the shape of the letter C. We had some fun speculating on the reason and as we progressed up the trail the letter C gradually disappeared. Nearing the flowers we found ourselves in the middle of a hillside surrounding by yellow wildflowers growing in a random pattern of varying density.

There is a bumper sticker that says "Don't believe everything you think". Too often our minds are made up and we only accept information that supports our viewpoint. I hope this blog will be akin to thinking aloud; I may not arrive at a definitive answer, but I hope to make some points and raise some questions. I may discuss a timeless controversy or a momentary triviality.

No comments:

Post a Comment